Will the managers, the CEOs, the Banksters, the Bushs, the Rockefellers, the Junkers, the Clintons, the Merkels, the Scheubles, the JPMorgans, the Barclays, the Deutsche Bank, the Wall-Street listen? Or will they shut their ears – and do “business as usual” knowingly they can not continue forever. “Ignorance is DEATH not bliss.”
From this Video:
Interview with Bernard Lietaer – Economist, author and professor
This interview is part of an article published in the online magazine Talkin’Business of the School of Business and Economics at Maastricht University.
Read more: http://www.talkinbusiness.net
Multiple moneys and development: making payments in diverse economies
Title: Interview with Bernard Lietaer – Economist, author and professor
Recording date: 20th June 2013
The 2nd International Conference on Complementary Currency Systems is held from the 19th to the 23rd of June 2013 in The Hague, The Netherlands. The conference is hosted by ISS. It offers space to academics, local government officials and practitioners alike to organize panels, workshops, and other session formats that participants see fit to stimulate the exchange of ideas and experiences.
Community and complementary currency systems include initiatives like the LETS, time banks, the Argentine Redes de Trueque, the Ithaca Hours in the USA, the German Regiogeld, the Brasilian community banks with surrogate currencies, the SOL currency in France, the ‘Transition Towns’ in the UK, the RES in Belgium and the Wir in Switzerland, mobile-phone payment systems in Uganda and Kenya, and for digital remittances in El Salvador.
- The Future of Money (London: Random House, 2001)
- New Money for a New World (Qiterra Press 2011) (with Stephen Belgin)
- Hallsmith, Gwendolyn; Lietaer, Bernard (2011-05-28). Creating Wealth: Growing Local Economies with Local Currencies. New Society Publishers. ISBN 978-0-86571-667-4.
- Money and Sustainability: The Missing Link / A report from the Club of Rome (with Christian Arnsperger, Sally Goerner and Stefan Brunnhuber)(Triarchy Press 2012)
- People Money: The Promise of Regional Currencies (with Margrit Kennedy and John Rogers) (Triarchy Press 2012)
- Money and Sustainability: The Missing Link (with Christian Arnsperger, Sally Goerner and Stefan Brunnhuber), Triarchy Press Ltd, 30. May 2012, ISBN 978-1908009777