“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.” (src: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Declaration_of_Independence)
new version: 2.0
We hold these truths to be self evident,
- that all conscious life on this planet deserves protection for life is precious in the universe
- that life depends on balance and mankind can help stabilize the balance by it’s lifestyle and everyday actions and choices
- that only god and nobody is perfect and nobody is god and nobody wants to be nobody
- which means: all systems and rules are man made and imperfect so it is the right of everyone to question all man made systems
- biodiversity of systems might be key for mankind’s survival (ability to adapt to change)
- governments shall encourage alternative ways of government and survival in order for mankind to learn.
- that democracy only works as well as the education system (Socrates already knew)
Philosophers would say:
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that if truth is bad for business, it’s not truth’s fault”
Modern (NeoLiberal) Capitalists would say:
Capitalism holds these truths to be self-evident, that some people are born “more equal” than others (born with different rights and privileges to to access resources) which sounds pretty much like an aristocratic system.