Erdogan just as Putin wants to show how strong men they are.
Also Erdogan and Putin want to use the “rally behind the flag” effect to win the next election. (last election was not so great for Erdogan, as economy was weak)
said it before and i say it again: ANY PARTNERSHIP WILL TURKEY WILL BITE YOU IN THE ASS!
TURKEY IS A VERY BAD PARTNER!
TURKEY SHOULD BETTER BE KICKED OUT OF NATO AND ANY ALLIANCE!
IF YOU HAVE A PARTNERSHIP WITH TURKEY: YOU ARE A GOD DAMN MORON AND WILL BE FOOLED!
In middle ages Christianity there were only two groups killing each other over power money and land: Protestants and Catholics.
Luckily this is a pretty long time ago, but it is still up to date in Islam – it seams – the culture of Islam is stuck in the past.
In Islam it is even more complicated than in Christianity, many more groups fighting each other – officially over who is the legit successor to prophet Mohamed (“by prophet is bigger than your’s”)
In-officially – it is – of course always about power, land, money, resources, women and so on.
- Sunnits (radical strict islam)
- for example: Saudi Arabia
- Shia (radical strict islam)
- for example: Iran
- Alawites (moderate islam)
- for example: Assad, Syria, Kurds (no country)
long story short – Erdogan is also Hanefi (Sunni strict islam). (https://www.quora.com/Is-Erdogan-Wahabi-or-Sunni?share=1)
Radial islamist who want to live in the middle ages – please go to Afghanistan – there your dream is already reality. (do not complain about how fucked up this country is… it is what you chose!)
The West can not grant people that want to live in the middle ages human rights – because human rights did not exist – in the middle ages.
Please come develop and learn mankind – if you can – if you can not – mankind is already lost.
Back to the situation:
Assad probably promised the Kurds their own state – when they help him fight (this was the first mistake and it is not even sure he will keep his promise, if at all, it could be possible to give them land in the very East, far far away from Turkey, but not near Turkey).
Erdogan wants to prevent this.
The Turks hate the Kurds so much – nobody knows why but it is going on for a long long time – you could say – they hate each other out of tradition.
Is Erdogan really willing to go to full scale war with Syria backed by Iran and Russia for this?
So Erdogan tries to draw the Western powers into the conflict – which is very very dangerous as this could lead to direct confrontation between NATO and Russia (yes Mr Friedman and Israel would love that ).
What does the mighty Turkey have to fear from a bunch of Kurds?
Or is it about religion? (if yes mankind is really still in the very dark middle ages)
Erdogan is pro radical islam favors ISIS over moderate Kurds that fight for equal women rights – so it would be time for Turkey to evolve and come back from the dark middle ages or be internationally isolated in any possible way and denied cooperation.
Please Erdogan and all other radical islamists:
GO TO AFGHANISTAN! IT IS YOUR DREAM COUNTRY!
US, EU, NATO and BRICs – de facto the whole world – should be very strict with strict islam (in this case Erdogan).
- halt all trade with Turkey, especially weapons trades
- place immediately and hefty economic embargo (Turkey is very trade dependent)
- freeze all foreign assets
- no easy Visums for people with Turkish passport
- EU: freeze the 6 billion € promised to Turkey to manage the refugee crisis (US and EU should team up to handle the influx of refugees in a sustainable and positive for US and EU way, after all it is the US middle east war games that caused the mess).
- grant them asylum for 3 year (if refugee is cooperative, will have to be renewed every 3 years) and human rights (not existing in their home country so this is already an improvement)
- be strict on radical islamists: any refugee who shows sign of radical islamism or crime shall be deported to Syria (and maybe even handed over to Assad) immediately.
- refugees should work for the native people – so the native people can see the benefits of having refugees.
- refugees should be able to get their own land to grow food on it
“This new policy of Turkey understands only those who understand Turkish domestic policy.
On the one hand, it is religiously motivated.
Erdogan, the pious Muslim brother who granted asylum to many brothers who became too uncomfortable in Egypt after the fall of the Morsi regime, strives for a political Islam as a role Model for Turkey and for a stronger role within the Arab-influenced States.
This is not new, many have just not seen it.
But there were various domestic political moves that showed a departure from secularism.
Those who strive for Islamic profiling also see the conflict hot spots of Syria and Libya as an opportunity to make their mark.
This goes hand in hand with a fantasy of great power, as Erdogan and many AKP representatives have.
Turkey is a player and not a petitioner in the sense of an EU accession candidate.”
Erdogan would not be the first power hungry man to throw the world in conflict of senseless killing.
The Turkish people can stop the disaster by voting against him.
“The head of Turkey’s leading KONDA polling company said that it is likely Turkey’s ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) will lose İstanbul and Ankara in the local elections in 2019 and Turkey will be heading for the polls again in 2020 for general elections, independent news site Diken reported.”