“Based on the fact that China’s economic growth is slowing down and social freedom is deteriorating, Ringen predicts that China may become a new Nazi state under Communist Party’s consolidating power and absolute rule. ”
“Stein Ringen (born July 5, 1945) is a Norwegian sociologist and political scientist.
He is Professor of Sociology and Social Policy at the Department of Social Policy and Intervention, University of Oxford, and a Fellow of Green Templeton College, Oxford (formerly Green College, Oxford).” (Wikipedia)
Visit http://www.progressives-zentrum.org/innocracy2019/ for the report, photo gallery, and videos.
The Innocracy Conference 2019 took place in Berlin on October 10.
The objective of the conference was to draft ideas for the ‘how’ of democratic transformation, that is, ways to achieve successful sustainable, digital and social transformation.
#Innocracy19 marked an important milestone in the conference’s history.
comment: #wow & #argh
- brilliant brains
- with ethics & objectivity intact (not paid by some unkown 3rd party seeking influence)
- put aside human appreciation-addiction-ego (hard to impossible)
- there could be true genius ideas that could restart a democratic nation
- (the charta of humans rights (French Revolution) and the US-constitution “declaration of independence” were such nation-wide restarts and intellectual masterpieces that are still (!) revolutionary to this date)
“a mess” is the default modus operandi for democracy?
let’s call it DemoCrazy then 🙂
- change what you can change
- accept what you can not change
- (of course it needs a lot of will power to find out, what really can not be changed).
- hollow shells that ignore the rule of their own laws, whenever there is a lot of mammon-money in the game (games such as crime and financial crimes (tax avoidance)).
other directions/complete democratic restarts are possible!
- partition into smaller independent countries + more (direct?) democracy (look at Iceland and Switzerland and how democracy used to be in Athens (only citizens (men-with-swords) were allowed to vote and they voted very directly on issues by casting black and white stones into baskets)
- ensuring that parliaments are better “mixed” in terms of men-women and skills (TOO MUCH LAWYERS!!!)
- install safeguards against “consultants” aka lobbyists that bend democracy in favor of the big tax dodging and planet polluting companies
- all that money printing should be done by a democratic entity (does not have to be the same as gov, but at least let the people have a say in this very very critical institution that a central bank is)
- randomly chose 10% to 90% of politicians from the population (Socrates had his perspective on democracy and would not have liked that, but well… chances are there might be decent people with mixed skill set (checkout this video “what Socrates hated about democracy“)
- what Greek democracy feared: demagogues (populists), only very badly educated and informed citizens fall for that trick.
- in other words: yes it is easier to rule over idiots, but when a nation has too much idiots, it will fail because of that.