To all strategists: you can count on that:
- every nation wants to survive in harmony and peace and prosperity
Make Moon Bases!
Make Mars Bases!
Make Good Music!
Make Good Products!
That help people survive in the universe.
For those that sill want to fight (because it is patriotic or what not): build gyms between Ukraine and Russia, so all the patriots can have a fight every night and test who is best.
Did you know that Putin wanted to join NATO in 2000:
“George Robertson, a former Labour defence secretary who led Nato between 1999 and 2003, said Putin made it clear at their first meeting that he wanted Russia to be part of western Europe. “They wanted to be part of that secure, stable prosperous west that Russia was out of at the time,” he said.
The Labour peer recalled an early meeting with Putin, who became Russian president in 2000. “Putin said: ‘When are you going to invite us to join Nato?’ And [Robertson] said: ‘Well, we don’t invite people to join Nato, they apply to join Nato.’ And he said: ‘Well, we’re not standing in line with a lot of countries that don’t matter.’” (source: theguardian.com)
according to UN and OSCE data (see below) an average of 500 people die in Donbass every year, or: every day at least 1 human life is lost to this conflict.
2021: ‘After a video link with U.S. President Joe Biden, Vladimir Putin said that Moscow would submit its proposals for a security dialogue with the United States in a few days. Biden said he would announce the date of a meeting of five major NATO allies and Russia, to discuss the future of Russia’s concerns relative to NATO.
President Putin said if Ukraine joined the (NATO) bloc then military contingents, bases, and offensive weapons would follow. Russia views the prospect of Kyiv joining the Western alliance as an effort to cross a “red line.”’
2018: President DNR/LNR (East-Ukraine) Leonid Pasechnik: “to continue this senseless war, is only important for Kyev”
“The danger of accidental escalation is especially acute in Ukraine, where “volunteer battalions” of armed nationalists regard the conquest of Donbass as the only honorable solution, and barely tolerate government supervision as it is.
We should not forget that it was the attack by the head of the Right Sector, Dmytro Yarosh, on April 20, 2014, that precipitated all-out warfare in Eastern Ukraine.
Foremost in his mind, Yarosh recalls, was torpedoing the Geneva peace talks, which would have forced Ukraine to pursue negotiations with the rebels.
as I have recently argued elsewhere, should be to reach a true post–Cold War settlement” (between US-NATO and Russia)
they also produce daily reports: about cease fire violations: https://www.osce.org/ukraine-smm/reports
(but they fail to attribute the violations to Ukrainian or ProRussian side?)
check this out (READ THE FINE PRINT!)
“A drone operated by the OSCE’s monitoring mission in eastern Ukraine was shot down after spotting a surface-to-air missile system in an area not controlled by the Ukrainian government near the Russian border.”
2017: “It seems clear that Russia has been seeking a political settlement of the conflict.”
- Such a state of affairs has raised the concern of the majority of current republic leaders, who, as participants of the 2014–2015 war activities, would probably become redundant, or even detrimental to Moscow, if there was any agreement with Kiev and Western countries.
- Recent discussions about the introduction of UN peacekeeping forces in the Donbass, which is an idea advocated by Putin himself (on his own terms, of course), have had to increase the anxiety of the rebels“
- This is due not only to the more decisive actions of Ukraine, such as sealing the blockade, but also to Russia’s economic problems as it is less eager to subsidize “people’s republics”. Thus, there emerges an increasing competition between local commanders and “officials” to get their dwindling resources and influence. Russia may send less money; moreover, incomes from contraband have already decreased.
- The events which had taken place between November 21 and 24 showed the disproportions between the two parts of the occupied zone.
- Contrary to the outward message, which constitutes an effect of the Russian propaganda, “Donetsk People’s Republic” (DPR) and “Luhansk People’s Republic” (LPR) can only be comparable in terms of their territories.
- Out of these two, Donetsk has always been definitely stronger in the domain of politics, military and economy.
- “President” Zakharchenko has managed to pacify the internal opposition in a quick and efficient way. Some of the 2014 rebellion leaders have fled to Russia (e.g. Igor Girkin AKA Strelkov or Alexander Borodai) whereas others were killed on the spot (e.g. Arsen Pavlov “Motorola” or Mikhail Tolstykh “Givi”). Today, “Donetsk People’s Republic” constitutes a centralised state ruled by a siloviki group under the leadership of Zakharchenko. (comment: he also signed Minsk II)
- His right-hand man is Alexander Timofeyev (nom de guerre Tashkent), who is also responsible for economic and financial issues.
- unfortunately Mr Zakharchenko was killed what is said to be a Kyev terrorist bombing of an cafe.
comment: So Russia still is “in control” in East-Ukraine, but it (was) messy?
“Why was it Pasechnik, and not Kornet, who had been granted the highest position in Luhansk? This is a well-though decision of the FSB. Due to a huge risk, it was Kornet who was selected to “eliminate” Plotnitsky as he was much less significant player in this game. Kornet is just a former militiaman whereas Pasechnik could be considered in completely different categories. He was recruited by the FSB in 2006 when he worked in the SBU (he spent his entire career in the Luhansk region, where he became the head of the anti-corruption department). That is why Pasechnik took his position in the conflict only when the FSB was about to win. Thanks to this well-calculated neutrality, his position is much stronger now than it would be in the case of Kornet. It is also easier to imagine his cooperation with Plotnitsky as the official representative of Luhansk in the Minsk Protocol.”
“The Luhansk coup d’état proves that there is no single decision-making centre in Russia when it comes to the policy towards the self-proclaimed “republics” and, in fact, towards the occupied zone. Officially, they are supervised by Putin’s top aide, Vladislav Surkov. But there is also a representative of the Russian Federation in the Trilateral Contact Group for the implementation of the Minsk Agreements, Boris Gryzlov, while special services are leading their own policy.”
Second in command (?) Igor Kornet
Also: It must be transparent to the public, who violates the Minsk agreement? (on both sides, to be held accountable)
Actually the job of the “Joint Center for Ceasefire Control and Coordination” (JCCC) , but does it work?
Russia / Putin wants three things:
- no Ukraine in NATO
- no more weapon shipments to Ukraine
- ceasefire that works would be great
- blue helmets need to gradually build a wall between the front lines that allows perfect monitoring of who caused what incident, which immediately needs to be fined by UN to the gov of Ukraine or Russia (one fired rocket or grenade or bomb fired on the other side = costs fine of $100.000 (that go to charity))
The West lied multiple times about not extending NATO to the east:
Page from Stepanov-Mamaladze’s notes from February 12, 1990, reflecting Baker’s assurance to Shevardnadze during the Ottawa Open Skies conference: “And if U[nited] G[ermany] stays in NATO, we should take care about non-expansion of its (NATO) jurisdiction to the east.”
here is a printer friendly backup of the whole article:
Ukraine entering NATO MUST BE OFF THE TABLE!
which one will it be?
Serbia joining EU might also be a problem, because there is something called “GeoEconomics” (Wiki)
asserting power via Economics, this could explain, why crocs (an iconic US product) is made in Bosnia (“an applicant for membership in the European Union and has been a candidate for NATO membership since April 2010″ (Wiki))
While jobs for East-Europe are surely a good thing, they mostly come with loss of independence.
WE DESPERATELY NEED TRUE INDEPENDENCE AND DE-ESCALATION!
Russians extremely offended by NATO eastward expansion: It reminds them of Hitler 2.0 or Napoleon 2.0
Merkel at Minsk Agreement / Protocol 1 and 2 (Wiki)
It is not true that Minks did not work.
It worked 80% but not 100%, so partial success (ceasefires of several weeks, many lifes saved).
More needs to be done (blue helmets?).
original text (in Russian) https://www.osce.org/ru/cio/140221
auto translated it reads like:
A set of measures to implement the Minsk Agreements
- Immediate and comprehensive ceasefire in certain areas of Donetsk and Luhansk regions of Ukraine and its strict implementation starting from 00:00 Kyiv time on February 15, 2015.
- The withdrawal of all heavy weapons by both sides to equal distances in order to create a security zone with a width
- of at least 50 km apart for artillery systems with a caliber of 100 mm or more, zones security
- 70 km wide for MLRS and 140 km wide for MLRS “The tornado”, “Hurricane”, Smerch and tactical missile systems “Dot” (“Point”):
- – for Ukrainian troops: from the actual line of contact;
- – for armed formations of certain districts of Donetsk and Luhansk regions of Ukraine: from the Line of Contact according to Minsk Memorandum of September 19 , 2014
- The withdrawal of the above-mentioned heavy weapons should begin no later than the second day after the ceasefire and be completed within 14 days.
- This process will be facilitated by the OSCE with the support of The Trilateral Contact Group.
- Ensure effective monitoring and verification of the ceasefire and withdrawal of heavy weapons by the OSCE with on the first day of the withdrawal, with the use of all necessary technical means, including satellites, UAVs, radar systems, etc.
- On the first day after the recusal, start a dialogue on the modalities of holding local elections in accordance with Ukrainian legislation and the Law of Ukraine “On the Temporary Procedure of Local with ravlenie in some areas of Donetsk and Lugansk regions”,as well as on the future regime of these areas on the basis of this law.
- Immediately, no later than 30 days from the date of signing this document, adopt a resolution of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine with indicating the territory to which the special regime applies in accordance with the Law of Ukraine “On the temporary order of Local Self-Government in Certain Areas of Donetsk and Luhansk regions” on the basis of the line established in the Minsk Memorandum of September 19 2014
- To ensure pardon and amnesty by introducing into force a law prohibiting the prosecution and punishment of persons in connection with the events that took place in certain areas of Donetsk and Luhansk regions of Ukraine.
- Ensure the release and exchange of all hostages and illegally detained persons on the basis of the principle of “all for all”. This process must be completed at the latest on the fifth day after the withdrawal.
- Ensure safe access, delivery, storage and distribution of humanitarian aid to those in need on the basis of an international mechanism.
- Determination of modalities for the full restoration of socio-economic ties, including social transfers, such as payment of pensions and other payments (income and income, timely payment of all utility bills, resumption of taxation within the legal framework of Ukraine).
- To this end, Ukraine will restore the management of a segment of its banking system in conflict-affected areas, and possibly an international mechanism will be created to facilitate such transfers.
- Restoration of full control over the state border with We have a government in the entire conflict zone that should to begin on the first day after the local elections and end after a comprehensive political settlement (local elections in certain districts of Donetsk and Luhansk regions on the basis of the Law Ukraine and constitutional reform) by the end of 2015, provided implementation of paragraph 11| – in consultations and in coordination with representatives of certain districts of Donetsk and Luhansk regions within the framework of the Trilateral Contact Group.
- Withdrawal of all foreign armed formations, military equipment, as well as mercenaries from the territory of Ukraine under the supervision of the OSCE.
- Disarmament of all illegal groups.
- Constitutional reform in Ukraine with the entry into force by the end of 2015 of the new constitution, which assumes decentralization as a key element (taking into account the peculiarities of individual districts of Donetsk and Luhansk regions, agreed with representatives of these regions), as well as the adoption of permanent legislation on the special status of certain districts of Donetsk and Luhansk regions in accordance with by the measures specified in the note’, until the end of 2015.
- Such measures in accordance with the Law “On the Special Procedure of Local Self-Government in certain districts of Donetsk and Luhansk regions” include the following:
- – exemption from punishment, persecution and discrimination of persons associated with events that took place in certain areas of Donetsk and Luhansk regions;
- – the right to linguistic self-determination;
- – participation of local self-government bodies in the appointment of heads of prosecutor’s offices and vessels in certain areas of Donetsk and Luhansk regions;
- – the possibility for the central executive authorities to conclude with relevant local self-government bodies of the agreement on economic, social and cultural development of certain districts of Donetsk and Luhansk regions;
- – the state supports the socio-economic development of individual districts of Donetsk and Luhansk regions;
- – assistance from central authorities to cross-border cooperation in certain areas of Donetsk and Luhansk regions with the regions
- Of the Russian Federation;
- – creation of detachments of the people ‘s militia by decision of local councils in order to maintaining public order in certain areas of Donetsk and Lugansk areas;
- – the powers of deputies of local councils and officials elected at the elections appointed by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine by this law cannot be but discontinued.
- Such measures in accordance with the Law “On the Special Procedure of Local Self-Government in certain districts of Donetsk and Luhansk regions” include the following:
- On the basis of the Law of Ukraine “On the temporary procedure of local self-government in certain districts of Donetsk and Luhansk regions” issues related to local elections will be discussed and coordinated with representatives of certain districts of Donetsk and Luhansk regions within the framework of the Trilateral Contact Group. The elections will be held in compliance with the relevant OSCE standards with monitoring by the OSCE/ODIHR.
- To intensify the activities of the Trilateral Contact Group, including through the creation of working groups on the implementation of relevant aspects of the Minsk Agreements. They will reflect the composition The Trilateral Contact Group.
Participants of the Trilateral Contact Group:
|Signed on:||5 September 2014|
“The focus of the discussion was on the implementation of the Minsk agreements on the peaceful resolution of the conflict in eastern Ukraine. The interviewees also discussed how to deal with the arms embargo on Iran and the current situation in Libya,” Federal Government Press and Information Office (BPA) said on July 15.
The Kremlin’s press service added that Putin, in particular, announced “Ukraine’s counterproductive attempts to distort the content of the Minsk agreements.” (source: unian.info)
STOP THIS WAR MONGERING! (after all, it is only the weapons and oil industry, that want another war (war is a racket))
What is Russia trying to do?
With it’s invasion of east-Ukraine and Crimea and Georgia?
Russia tries to secure it’s eastern border, against a post-ww2, post-cold-war, now new-cold-war (thanks all involved, especially lockheed martin lobbyists) alliance of ruthless capitalists.
Nobody likes to have death and destruction within their own borders, so Russia establishes a corridor in front of it’s borders, playing the old game of “whoever is stronger wins”.
The Russians play this game their whole life long.
And if NATO want’s to play this game too, it just proofs the reckless stupidity of all mankind (and probably the destruction of all mankind, before even a single human being was able to settle on Mars).
“When the British destroyer H.M.S. Defender sailed near the coast of Crimea on Wednesday, it was supposed to be quietly demonstrating that the waters legally belonged to Ukraine despite Russia’s annexation of the Black Sea peninsula seven years ago, which has never been recognized internationally.”
Okay, then Mr Jonson surely has no problem with a Russian warship very close to London, does he?
Also claiming “freedom of navigation”.
Of course not, this would be unacceptable for Mr Johnson, he would be outraged, as would be all of the western-propaganda-media-complex.
Mr Johnson is a Holly Trump-like Idiot, that will do no good for the UK.
Trump by the way dodged Vietnam-war-draft 5x times.
Something only rich and privileged US citizens with the right amount of money and connections can do.
The rule of law here is: the poor die & traumatize in useless wars (such as Afghanistan and Iraq) while the rich stay home, enjoy their martini and sell weapons to both sides.
“For over a decade during the Vietnam War, Trump sought and received five deferments, including allegedly lying about a medical condition to avoid the draft during the height of the war in 1968.”
Mr Johnson would surely do the same with his “At least 6” children, when it came to confrontation with Russia or China or Iran.
“Johnson has not disclosed how many children he has. He is known to have had four children with his second wife, Marina Wheeler; a fifth child from an extramarital affair with Helen MacIntyre; and a sixth child with his third wife, Carrie Symonds.”
Because the poor idiots die in war for shiny ideals.
While the rich stay home and play playstation.
How to stop this war, Mr Hug?
2018: (now Ex Deputy Head of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine Alexander Hug) “Alexander Hug has had a front seat to Europe’s forgotten war
Special Monitoring Mission in Ukraine for the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) has some 700 observers on the ground in Ukraine.
Each week, the observers document thousands of violations of the Minsk cease-fire agreements that were brokered in a bid to end the war.
During a recent trip to New York City, Hug sat down with Foreign Policy. He described the challenges of his job in Ukraine and the frustrations of witnessing a conflict that could be resolved quickly if only the two sides were willing.”
2018: “There is no explicit reference to the Minsk agreements in the mandate of our mission. But thanks to our mandate (namely, the task assigned to us to collect information and report on the security situation), we are actively contributing to the implementation of the agreement
…Our main task is to provide objective and verified information to decision makers (including the signatories of the Minsk agreements) so that they can see a clear picture of what is happening on the ground.
Unfortunately, the SMM’s work shows that the parties have not fulfilled even the basic promises they made under the Minsk agreements.
You can draw this conclusion for yourself by reviewing more than a thousand daily reports issued by the mission since 2014.
Unlike most OSCE field missions, in this case it was decided at an early stage to post all reports on the Internet.
It was important to us that the collected information was available not only to decision makers, but also to the general public, including the media.
— Yes, this information was very useful for journalists.
– Unfortunately, a significant part of the journalistic materials about what is happening in the conflict zone were not based on the facts we published.
… I believe that the mission has done and continues to do invaluable work.
…But I can say with confidence that we have managed to reduce at least some of the suffering of the civilian population through mediation between the parties
Some of the infrastructure was restored, humanitarian supplies were successfully delivered, the dead and wounded were exchanged, and some of the missing people were found.
We provide daily assistance to the civilian population on both sides of the contact line. So I don’t feel bitter.
You, like me, are well aware that this conflict can be stopped very quickly. We have repeatedly witnessed the fact that after the parties declared a new commitment to a ceasefire, the number of violations in a short period of time sharply decreased. That is, if an order was received to cease fire, it was executed. This means that if there is political will, the security situation in the region could be stabilized. But so far this will is not there.
The UN presented a report on the number of victims of the conflict in the Donbas since 2014: more than 3 thousand of them. Is this data consistent with your calculations?
— Yes, in general, these data coincide with the information available to us. We work very closely with the UN.”
so on average 500 people die in Donbass every year.
“We are an unarmed civilian mission, and we do not have the authority to enforce the obligations assumed by the signatories of the Minsk agreements. We can only record what is happening.”
“I can’t comment on Ambassador Lukashevich’s statement. I can only say that we recorded this incident, (head of the DPR Alexander Zakharchenko was killed by a bomb in a cafe) as we record all the others. We tried to get access to the site of the explosion, but we were not granted it”
“— How do you assess the implementation of the so-called school truce?
This is the 14th time that the sides have “reconfirmed” their commitment to the Minsk agreements and declared a truce.
This figure speaks for itself. Think about it: this is the 14th time that the signatories of the Minsk agreements have promised to fulfill their commitments made four years ago.
But each time the scenario develops in the same way:
after confirming the commitment to the ceasefire, the number of attacks decreases sharply for a while, but then returns to the previous levels.
The relative calm usually lasts no more than two to four weeks.
One of the reasons for the ongoing violence is that the armed forces of Ukraine and the armed formations of the self-proclaimed DPR and LPR are still too close to each other, as well as their military equipment.
The Minsk agreements imply the withdrawal of forces and weapons.
However, even these basic points are not fully implemented.
There is also an opinion that the main reason may lie in the political plane and not be limited to Ukraine.
As I have already said, I am absolutely convinced that if there is political will, the situation could be brought under control.
…I find the discussion about (blue helmet) peacekeepers useful. It shows that the current efforts to resolve the conflict are not enough.
.. If those who make decisions were guided by the interests of the civilian population, the conflict would have ended long ago.”