Queen (UK) “all in” on renewables:
- Good! But: why only on one castle? why not on all of them?
- Why does She even need more than one castle?
- Ever heard of mobile homes or energy self sufficient homes? No?
“A man who told the Queen he was a solar panel engineer when she asked him ‘what do you do?’ was stunned when she later got in touch—and paid him to install some on Balmoral Castle.”
“Businessman George Goudsmit met the Queen at an event and had a quick ’20 second’ conversation with her.”
“She asked the 80-year-old what he did and he replied that he made solar panels.”
“The Managing Director at AES Solar recalls, “As she walked away she turned around and said, ‘maybe I should have solar panels at Balmoral’.”
“He was shocked” -> why that? the tide is rising, it’s about time the rich & powerful do something about the world going to waste.
As if – saving the world – would always be the job of the powerless have-nots-peasants?
As if the rich & powerful are betting there will be golf courses on Mars – if Earth is f***ed.
This is a very risky bet.
As doing that is a mega-project – nobody – not SpaceX – not China – can do alone – just as with climate change – it is a project that mankind has to tackle – together!
But will mankind be able to work together? or indulge in egomaniac luxury senselessness?
FREE SOLAR E-CAR CHARGERS & FREE WIFI FOR ALL “PEASANTS” ON ALL CASTLES AND ALL CHURCHES!
It’s the LEAST they could do.
Crown Estate Scotland goes Windenergy
While it is a good thing, UK-Scotland goes windenergy, the question remains, as with all big energy projects:
- how can peasants participate in this? (the “have nots” by birth)
- what is in it for the peasants?
- cheaper electricity?
- maybe a reduction in taxes?
- nothing? (again)
The wishful longing for a “Good King & Queen” that “fixes it all”
Good Kings & Queens care bout their people.
Actually that was the idea behind voting for Trump.
But just as Hitler, Trump was no good King, rather behaved like a reckless wracking ball.
Example: The German General Bismarck hated democracy and was loyal to the King, even when the king was incompetent, mismanaged Germany, lost WW1, while giving Bismarck the clever but also ruthless general – the boot (dismissed).
- Imho all monarchs and dictators of this planet, that feel just a bit responsible for the people & land (which ought to belong to the people too) of whom they derive their wealth
- shall once a year, publicly transparently, present, if they “did their job” and have acted beneficial to the country – or not (exploitational)
- sum up: what they took from the country (to buy yachts and castles)
- and what they have have done for the country
- to proof they are not – excuse me – feeding on others – living on century old privileges – while living in luxury while others hardly survive the day (yes it is that harsh in an stupid economy of non-sustainability)
WindEnergy: yes please!
- “The largest of the projects offered is the project for the construction of a floating wind farm with three GW by the Scottish subsidiary of the Spanish energy company Iberdrola, Scottish Power Renewables.
- This is followed by a 2.9 GW project with foundations rammed into the ground on a similar scale, which the British oil company BP is planning together with the Baden-Württemberg energy supplier EnBW, as well as a 2.6 GW project by the Scottish energy supplier SSE Renewables for a floating wind farm.
- The Bavarian project planning company Baywa is also involved with a wind farm project of almost one GW with floating turbines.
- The bids of the project developers include the payment of an option fee to Crown Estate Scotland. (effectively the UK Queen?)
- The winning bids resulted in such option fees ranging from £10Million for 450 MW to £86million for 2 GW.
- In total, the bids add up to £700million, which will eventually flow from the authority to the Scottish government.
- If project developers withdraw a project before the final agreement, the next best project that has not yet been awarded will move forward, as Crown Estate Scotland explains.”
auto translated from:
“Crown Estate Scotland is the public corporation of the Scottish Government responsible for the management of land and property in Scotland owned by the monarch in right of the Crown.”
“The monarch remains the legal owner of these assets“
So the UK is still pretty much in the middle ages, u must be kidding me.
|Revenue||£1.9 billion (2018) (why not more recent data? afraid of the peasants reaction?)|
| £329.4 million (2018)
75% to HM Treasury
25% to The Monarch (that is £82.35 million)
|AUM||£14.3 billion (2018)|
|Owner||Queen Elizabeth II
(in right of The Crown)