the rule over others, almost always went wrong
(wrong = egoism & (lobby-induced) corruption & mismanagement lead to hunger and uprisings)
so maybe its time for America to reinvent itself?
so maybe its time for everyone to rule themselves?
should not the state educate people how to survive, in balance with nature, by their own hands? (give em a piece of land and the equipment to survive there, there is enough land between the east and the west coast)
rule over others = slavery = exploitation is so damn devilish profitable
the biggest problem is:
- the “pile of shit problems”, that were created over decades of erosion grew so big, it can not be ignored anymore (it’s like a ship who’s mast has a lot of cracks, but nobody bothers to build a new more sustainable ship)
- “western” democracy in it’s current form has proven many times to be unable to solve problems in a competent way, so “the world” is in a state of turmoil, lack of orientation and uncertainty, because of a in-competent decision making process plus: the decision making process is so “abstract” that “the masses” lost track, who is actually to blame for what.
- (Socrates himself was highly critical of the “rule of the masses” and said only those that had thinked deeply about an issue should be let near a vote (source: https://altcoopsys.org/2019/05/05/how-to-destroy-democracy-destroy-the-education-system-cut-the-funding-usa-germany-brazil-they-are-all-doing-it-demagoguery-populism/)
- in his ancient times (470 – 399 BC) many people and even women were not allowed to vote
- Socrates compared democracy to a ship:
- who would you want to navigate the ship, he asked, those (academical elites) that studied navigation, or the mob?
- (well the elites can do the navigation (how to safely avoid rocks and cliffs) but let the mob at least have a say where to go (destination) :-p)
- irony: Socrates was killed by a democratic process involving 500 randomly chosen Athens (obviously badly educated by fake news)
- rule over others = slavery = exploitation is so damn devilish profitable, but the planet belongs to everyone
- “western” democracy accepted itself as perfect, did not actively (funding!) search for alternatives to itself (arrogance)
- thus “western” democracy “forgot” to look for alternatives (can be other forms of democracy)
- thus did not do any experiment with alternative forms of government
- (except Chinese communism experimented very “successfully” (more money, more pollution plus all the negative side effects that a money-centric lifestyle brings about) with neoliberal capitalism)
- “going back” to dictatorship/monarchy can hardly be considered a step forward
US-America needs to reinvent itself
I wish them a lot of success! 🙂
There are (still despite all the cuts to education budget) creative and clever people there!
i just hope there are enough innovative and clever people there that also have a moral compass and i wish them to succeed in their efforts