if pope Francis can truly about to bring change to an old patriarchal (and also capitalistic) institution that has become nothing more than a mere “cultural curiosity”.
Because: The catholic (and other) churches that do exist right now, were NEVER what Jesus envisioned when he said “on this rock (you, peter) I will build my church”)
He did not say:
- create a church only for men that molest children because they are forbidden to molest women
- charge all your members tax so you can build gigantic buildings and do some philanthropy here and there (but never ever provide any “real” service to them, no wifi, no free coffee and do not care about their mental well being, because this would mean a lot of effort (cost money)
the climate construction site
have you EVER seen a church that has solar panels on the roof?
no? (on TV once, in Mexico, hey there is actually ONE, why is this not the norm?)
Why does “THE CHURCH” (!!!) not harvest the powers that come from the heavens above!
Why does it not care about long term survivability of mankind on this planet?
the mental construction site
Especially during crisis such as Corona and war, people WOULD have need a church that actually takes care of them and their mental troubles.
If families can not get along – another construction site where a true church could work for the better on this planet.
But in 30 years have not seen a bit of it.
The signs are years old and surely they must have read them: 2019: “the most reliable time series curated by the Institute for Health Metrics Evaluation (IHME) appears to show that in 2017:
- just under 300 million people worldwide suffered from anxiety,
- about 160 million from major depressive disorder
- another 100 million from the milder form of depression known as dysthymia.”
What part in that will the churches around this planet play a role?
Or are churches – in fact – just another “company ltd.”, that exists only because of their centuries old privileges, put down in century old contracts that generate “sufficient” income streams, that are taxed offshore (meaning: not at all).
the catholic church surely needs a restart
this restart was centuries ago the protestant church.
now both churches need a restart.